Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Very Psyco Neighbors :)


Ever wondered if your neighbors were crazy? Well I don't wonder, I KNOW. My neighbors fell from a sour apple tree alright. They are a bit kooky. They are new to the state, town, and neighborhood, but I really don't think they mean to be ignorant.

Our new neighbors are from New Jersey. They are Philippine/Americans. They speak fluent English, but look very dark skinned. They have two high school boys, a newborn, a toddler, and a daughter. A mother and grandmother also live there.

One great thing about our neighbors is, they have a Shetland Sheepdog too. She is a lot older than me, chubbier too. She doesn't seem to like me very much, but I don't mind. She barks at my house a lot.


The two boys seek around outside a lot. Doing only Dog knows what. They really creep my human family out, but they make us pet family nervous.

Today, those feelings were justified.



Today, mommy was cooking something delicious. Pork chops I think. She threw one on the grill and looked outside. A red truck with a matching camper on the bed. A light skinned man and a dark skinned man stepped out, and began muttering to themselves. I eyed them suspiciously and gave them a few ferocious barks. Mommy shushed me.

Mommy settled down with her Aunt and mother on the family couch and they began their ramble and gossip. Mommy and the family laughing rumblings to each other. I hopped up beside mommy and made myself comfortable for a nap.

After dreaming of mountains of squeaky toys, I was woken to hear the sound of air brakes hissing, and tires squelching. I leaped up, hackles raise and barking something fierce. Mommy scooped me up on the couch and coddled me.

"Hush now Firefly. It is only the neighbors' moving truck." Mommy comforted.
But I wasn't having it. I growled and rumble. I peeped out the window and saw something odd. The 'moving truck' was parked in fully on one lane of the road, blocking up coming traffic. The drivers had no way of knowing if someone was coming up the clear lane. The neighbors didn't even bother to flag traffic.

Panic swept through my family when we almost witnessed a head-on collision.


I growled...

My Aunt called the authorities.

Then the loaders LOADED up all the furniture they unloaded and packed it all back into the truck.

The authorities NEVER SHOWED. It had been an hour.


The neighbors loaded their truck back up, and sent it on its way.


Odd huh?

AND YOU THOUGHT YOUR NEIGHBORS WERE CRAZY...



No comments: