Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th Recap


I hate the Fourth Of July. Too many loud noises, scary explosions, very scary for a 13 inch high 16 pound Shetland Sheepdog. I prefer to hide. But as always, mommy dragged me out of the house to enjoy the 'festivities' as she said.

What festivities? All I heard was loud noises, screams, and smelled smoke the whole time I was there.

We went to the Fourth of July party and Farewell Marty party on the 4th. Mom left the puppy at home (haha) but dragged me along. I didn't know mommy was taking me to a strange house. Strange houses kill me.

We hopped into the car and drove on.

When we got there, there was a tiny house. The steps were very old timyish concrete patterns. They were very small. The house looked shabby, but sturdy.It seemed okay to me.

When we got out we were greeted by Amber's cousin Kayla, and some strange boy. I didn't mind him so much. Kayla jabbered on about something, and so did the boy. I ignored them.

We went into the house. It smelled of cat. I saw eyes peering at me from under a chair. I saw two kittens in the window. They smelled kinda like Brock. They must've been his siblings.

The woman of the house was casual and a little short-tempered when it came to her kid. I didn't like her so much. She called me pretty and beautiful alot though.


After while, mom said we were shooting off fireworks. Uh, no?
Mommy led me outside to a nice tent covered sitting. She tied my leash to the table. The woman came back out and sat next to Amber. Amber's mom and Aunt sat in front of us. Nick, Amber's brother, started playing with these glitter sticks mom called,"Sparklers". He is 16, to old to be playing with those as mom said.

Then they moved on to more loud stuff. Devices called bottlerockets and firecrackers. I got a little nervous. Then mom put me in the house and locked me in a room..

I slept.

When I awoke, Mom was there and they all sat in the living room. Mom talked to the others. She seemed sad. I asked what was wrong. She looked at me and tickled my chin. "What are you whining for?" I wasn't whining! I was asking a question.

Amber's Uncle Marty, seemed sad and scared. He hugged Amber and everyone tight, and he said the words,"Going. Iraq. Year" Maybe that is why everyone was so sad...


After all that drama, me and mamma slept fitfully...

No comments: