Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sizzlin' Hole Hiking!

Well, after spending a second night at Aunt Tabby, in the morning she took us to a small place to walk. Aunt Tabby admires my spirit, but I had been getting restless from no exercise, since there are no safe walk ways or paths near her house. Mommy was delighted, it was a chance to strap on her new fanny pack that her Auntie gave her. She uses it to stow and stash my training stuff. Like treats, clickers, leashes, water, a camera, a ball, and a stuffed toy. She has it all in that pouch! So we were driving down the road, and made are way about 20 minutes throw another town, which is mommy's home town, and we pulled in the parking lot of a small white Church. We turned down a small road next to it, and I watched houses zoom on by. The trail is owned by the State, and we didn't plan on doing any hunting, so we were allowed to walk there. We stopped in front of someone's house and kept it nicely out of their drive way. Mommy unloaded me and we set off. Tabby and Kayla talking back and forth, mommy quipping in now and again. That path was muddy, but that was because it had been really worn out by state vehicles and stuff. We walked on, and after getting a good distance away from the strange house, mommy unclipped my lead. She told me to stay away from the barbwire fence. She said I would get tangled and get hurt. I jogged on ahead in a Shetland fashion. Doubling back and making sure not to get too far ahead of my people. Kayla chattered and we approached a fork in the route, and we headed off right. It was great! I loved running and chewing on plants. I felt soo happy! The best part is when we came to a giant meadow! Amber, Aunt Tabby, and Kayla were watching out for snakes. But mom said it was really nothing to worry about. I love how she reassures me! Mom picked up a walking stick that doubled as a snake-checker stick. I loved it. Tabby told me and Kayla to wait on a piece of clear ground while she looked for the entrance through the thicket. The entrance lead to a mountain pool mom said. The meadow was overgrown, but mom let me bound and hop on through it! She called me back when Tabby found the entrance. I leaped beside momma and stayed close to her heels. We entered through the thicket and onto a neat path. I launched ahead. I could definitely smell fresh water. Mommy told me that mountain water was special. Mountain water rolls off the top of the mountains. At the top of the mountains it is really, really, REALLY cold. So the water doesn't harbor mosquito larva, bacteria, or any other harmful critters or algae. Mom said it was okay to drink and swim in. So we turned a to a right when we came to another fork, and the water smell got stronger. I turned the corner, and there was a BEAUTIFUL sight. A small pool with clear harmless water. Rocks, pebbles, and sandy mud. It was pretty. Especially the waterfall.



But it was fantastic! Mommy says I make her a liar all the time. I don't know why. She says I pretend to hate swimming, but when I am at a nice pool, I splash and thrash and swim! So? Just because I don't like baths or my toys thrown in deep water doesn't mean I don't like to swim!

Then mommy did a photo shoot! Gosh! We took alot of pictures! I loved every bit of it though! Especially when I got cookies and prasie ;)

Then after a while we had to leave. It was gonna rain soon. So we hiked along and made our way back to the Explorer. I hope to go there again!!!!!























No comments: